Works in Progress Friday (instead of Wednesday)

I’m declaring today is Works in Progress Friday. I know it doesn’t roll of the tongue like Works in Progress Wednesday but I have been making progress on several projects but I can’t get them on my blog on Wednesday for some odd reason. So it is Works in Progress Friday.

I have been sick – strep throat to be exact. And twice in 4 weeks. I blame my son’s day school, my forgetting to take my vitamins, and my month guard that I wear at night so I don’t grind my teeth and get a horrible headache. So Monday afternoon I felt something coming on but I figured it was just a cold. But at 4 am on Tuesday, my throat was so sore that I could barely swallow. To the doctor I went and was ordered to take my medicine, drink lots of fluids and rest. The rest part is usually hard for me because I’m a little on the obsessive compulsive side of the spectrum and need to do something. But rest was not a problem since I didn’t have energy to move out of my bed. My wonderful husband brought me wonton soup from my favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch and I didn’t even have the energy to get out of bed to eat it at the kitchen table. By Tuesday afternoon I will feeling strong enough to knit at little but even that took strength my body didn’t have.

By Wednesday morning I was feeling marginally better and used one spurt of energy to sanitize all the doorknobs and faucet handles in the house and soak my above mentioned mouth guard in Listerine. I’m not really a germ-a-phob until I or someone in the family gets sick.

Very little was on TV – a few Law and Orders that I hadn’t seen and Cold Case – but I was bored and restless by mid-day. So I knitted because it took little energy and kept my attention unlike reading. Having said all this, I got a lot of knitting done on all the projects I have been working. I’m not advocating sickness to knit but it is the bright side of my horrible pre-Thanksgiving illness.

So here are fruits of my labor…

I restarted the pair of cashmere socks I’m knitting for my mom for Christmas. I didn’t like how they were knitting up and this restart was well worth it.

I’ve finished the back of my Lace Cover-Up in Noro.

And started one of the front panels.

And I’m almost to the end of my Jared Flood hat for my mom. I just need to move to double points and it will be done.

So all in all it was a productive couple of days, laying in bed, watching Law & Order, and knitting.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s